Noe Valley Renovation
It's rare that in a resident-architect collaboration, the resident picks the more dramatic design scheme than the architect. But the homeowners of this recently renovated San Francisco Victorian, originally built in the early 1900s, "were pretty adventurous," says architect Bassel Samaha, of Samaha + Hart Architecture, the firm he runs with his wife, Heather Hart.
@current / @total
- When overhead lighting is too harsh and floor and tabletop space is limited, opt for the ambiance of beautiful wall sconces.
- The fact that no other word in the English language rhymes with orange also extends to the color's unrivaled ability to up the ante of any home.
- When Chicago condo dwellers Kurt Baldassari and Virginia Devlin decided it was time to escape their city’s harsh winters once and for all, there was just one thing they couldn’t compromise on—the…
- The residents of atelier KS's first renovation like stuff.
- Jens Risom's 1942 designs for Knoll were born out of wartime necessity but went on to become signature midcentury modern designs.
- Eero Saarinen's fiberglass-and-aluminum Tulip table and chairs, designed in 1950s for Knoll, were among the futuristic furnishings found in the 1960s classic Star Trek series.
- Growing families can quickly outgrow the homes purchased when the couple was just a twosome.
- No matter how tiny your abode, a proper desk is still attainable. These 10 smart setups make the most of small spaces with big style.