Noe Valley Renovation
It's rare that in a resident-architect collaboration, the resident picks the more dramatic design scheme than the architect. But the homeowners of this recently renovated San Francisco Victorian, originally built in the early 1900s, "were pretty adventurous," says architect Bassel Samaha, of Samaha + Hart Architecture, the firm he runs with his wife, Heather Hart.
@current / @total
- When overhead lighting is too harsh and floor and tabletop space is limited, opt for the ambiance of beautiful wall sconces.
- Dwell's favorite homes featuring orange hues all show that the secret to using this often-avoided color is a balance of neutral tones and plenty of natural light.
- Brod Hart’s home in London’s Finsbury Park neighborhood is hidden away on a quiet street filled with the typical Victorian houses that populate the area.
- Jens Risom's 1942 designs for Knoll were born out of wartime necessity but went on to become signature midcentury modern designs.
- Growing families can quickly outgrow the homes purchased when the couple was just a twosome.
- The residents of atelier KS's first renovation like stuff.
- Tres Birds Workshop design principal Mike Moore likes making people think.
- These six homes are contemporary gems in disguise: traditional on the outside, but strikingly modern within.