Noe Valley Renovation
It's rare that in a resident-architect collaboration, the resident picks the more dramatic design scheme than the architect. But the homeowners of this recently renovated San Francisco Victorian, originally built in the early 1900s, "were pretty adventurous," says architect Bassel Samaha, of Samaha + Hart Architecture, the firm he runs with his wife, Heather Hart.
@current / @total
- When overhead lighting is too harsh and floor and tabletop space is limited, opt for the ambiance of beautiful wall sconces.
- The fact that no other word in the English language rhymes with orange also extends to the color's unrivaled ability to up the ante of any home.
- The residents of atelier KS's first renovation like stuff.
- Growing families can quickly outgrow the homes purchased when the couple was just a twosome.
- No matter how tiny your abode, a proper desk is still attainable. These 10 smart setups make the most of small spaces with big style.
- Tres Birds Workshop design principal Mike Moore likes making people think.
- These six homes are contemporary gems in disguise: traditional on the outside, but strikingly modern within.
- A rainy start to the Brooklyn Home Tour—the closing event of City Modern—didn't deter those who turned out for a peek into five unique homes in Brooklyn Heights, Cobble Hill, and Boerum…